I used to frequent a restaurant on Saturday mornings, and there was a group of older men who sat in the corner and drank coffee together. It was usually the same bunch of eight to ten although occasionally someone new would join and a regular would drop out. The men liked to sit and solve the world’s problems over steaming cups of black coffee. You wouldn’t find these guys drinking flavors like Irish Mocha or French Vanilla or adding whipped cream to their drinks. These were men with nicotine stained fingers that sometimes bothered to shave the overnight stubble but just as likely would not. Many of their faces were deeply lined and their skin was leathery from years of hard work in the sun. None of these men had ever paid for a tan. They would discuss politics, religion and every other topic that is forbidden and occasionally the political talk would become heated, but eventually cooler heads would prevail and the local sports teams would become the unifying subject they could all agree on. Some of these men were obviously farmers. They proudly wore caps with the logo of their favorite farm machinery on them, and a couple wore overalls every week. Others had been businessmen, factory workers, and truck drivers. But the one thing they all had in common was the fact that they had served their country in the military.
We will be closed Monday, May 25th to celebrate Memorial Day and honor those who have given their lives for our country. Have a safe and wonderful holiday!
The Meadows Center for Opportunity, Inc., is a valuable resource for more than 3,000 Oklahoma businesses, banks, educational institutions, medical facilities, and government agencies. Offering data destruction, hard drive shredding, and other business services, the Meadows is a bonded organization with professional memberships and affiliations that allow our customers to trust that their sensitive information and business documents will be handled safely and securely.
- Data Destruction – The Meadows shreds and destroys confidential data stored on a variety of media, including microfilm and microfiche, cassettes, magnetic tapes, plastic cards, audio and video cassettes, as well as paper documents.
- Hard Drive Shredding – Secure disposal of old hard drives consists of more than simply erasing the existing hard drive. At the Meadows, we physically destroy hard drives to prevent sensitive data from retrieval.
- Pill Bottle Destruction – Medical information must be disposed of securely. This includes not only electronic and paper medical records, but also the medical information included on pharmacy pill bottles. The Meadows offers pill bottle destruction in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Other Services – In addition to data destruction, The Meadows Center for Opportunity, Inc., provides a number of other services to assist your business.
- Quality Packaging
- Parts Packaging
- Shrink Wrapping
- Brochure Assembly
- Manual Collation
- Envelope Stuffing
- Promotional Product Mailers